but ultimately facebook is too useful. it allows me to keep in touch with friends and keep up with stuff like the casting of the hunger games.
so i’ve minimized my facebook page. here are my rules:
1. no more wall. no more disappointment at lack of wall posts. keeps all the messages in one place.
2. send all notifications to email. messages, comments, everything. i have no excuse to “check facebook” when my email does it for me.
3. no uploading photo albums. instead i email friends pictures that might interest them.
4. no tagged photos of me. keeps my page even cleaner and more private.
5. delete past profile pictures. for the same reasons as 4.
6. avoid updating my status. or it becomes addictive. instead i try to message friends who would like the information; usually they appreciate the thought.
7. hide activities/interests. i still fan them to get updates in my mini feed, but this removes pressure to be thorough in my listings.